Sunday, February 9, 2014

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, and some more RAIN!!!

It has been pouring here in Montevideo for the past week, it let up today but another storm is already rolling in and it looks like it will be here for the next week as well. Got to love it! Seriously I have never seen storms like this. To the point where you cant even see through the windshield but you have 12 missionaries in the van whose bus is leaving in 5 minutes. Ha-ha. Good times. But seriously, the streets turned to rivers. It was nuts.

This week has been great. One of the most frustrating but also good weeks of my mission. First off, my comp got both of his toes operated on this past week. They took out half of his big toe nail as well as the root on both feet. He has not been allowed to walk which means that every time I need to go out to work in our area, I need to do splits with the other elders or try to find some youth in the ward to go out with me and one to stay with him. It has made things really difficult to go out and teach. I have never had to cancel so many lessons. But come what may and love it right? I just feel bad for Elder Woods. He has been bummed not being able to do anything. He tried walking a little bit and then blood started soaking through all his bandaging, so he stopped. jaja. Poor guy. That combined with his partially torn ACL is making life difficult for him. 

So this week I got to go to concilio with Elder Castillo. It was so awesome. It is always good to get to go and get all the teaching right from president: don’t get me wrong, the zone leaders do an awesome job, but to see it come right from him and the assistants is powerful. We learned a new lesson about the Sabbath Day. I can’t wait to practice it with my new comp and go out and teach it. It is such an awesome lesson! It’s also a ton of fun to get to hang out with all the zone leaders. Some of my best friends are the zone leaders that we have and they all came down so we had a blast! You just learn how to be an overall better missionary at concilio. Can’t wait to get out and apply it all. Whoop whoop! 

So it has been the last week in the offices!! It´s a little bittersweet to be honest. The offices have been awesome! Getting to work so closely with president and his family, the assistants, all the zone leaders, and just getting to know the entire mission. It was so much fun from everything like getting the new missionaries from the airport, 2  hour drives to get things to president, staying up all night during changes, to going and spending 3 hours in DHL trying to free a package for a missionary at Christmas. I have learned so much about myself in the offices and how to maximize the time you have to work in your area. BUT something I am looking forward to is leaving all this stuff behind and not having to focus on anything other than helping the people we are teaching to come unto Christ. Its going to be awesome having time to write in my journal too...;)

SO president talked to me this past week and told me that i am going to an area that has not had success since before he arrived in the mission. But we both have faith that we can change that. I am going to ARTIGAS!!!! I am going to the 4th ward up there. I am so excited. It is the most northern department in Uruguay. It gets suupppeeeerrrrr hot up there. Dirt roads and campo. I can’t wait. I think I know who my new companion is, but cant say for sure at this point. I was here in the offices when he came into the mission. He is such a stud. I am so excited for this coming change. 

Well I am out of time for this week. But I love you all so much. Thank you for taking the time to write me. It means a lot to know how everyone is doing! I hope that you all have a great week! Keep the faith and a smile on your face! 

Lets all try a little bit harder to be a little bit better. 

Con CariƱo,
Elder Staffieri
Clearing the Drains on Top of the Church after the storms!



No comments:

Post a Comment