Thursday, November 28, 2013

CHANGE WEEK!!! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!!

This week has been pretty nuts. We got the changes on Sunday and elder Bedke just looked at me and goes, well go for it. You have to go solo at some point. So I did. I don’t think I have ever been so overwhelmed. It was pretty crazy. Making changes happen. Looking up tickets, knowing where they are going and where they are coming from, who’s going with who. Getting trainers down to pick up their missionaries. Making sure every single one had a companion to travel with (really hard when only one person is going to another area). And everything in-between. Then picking up people from the airport, taking people to drop them off at the airport. Getting everything ready for everyone. Needless to say we had a few late nights in the office and no sleep. Going to buy tickets at the bus station when you find out things didn’t work how they should have and that you have to change it or when they miss their bus and have to get a different one. Literally I know all the people who work at the agencies we use on a first name basis now ha-ha. But the good thing is THEY ALL GOT DONE!!! WWWHHHOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPP!! And everyone got to where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there. Success!!

So my new comp, elder woods is a stud! He is from Idaho. He has been in the mission just over a year. A really great missionary. He is really helping me out a lot. He is willing to work and has a great sense of humor. I think we will get along great.

Moving up is just different. You have a lot more responsibility to make sure you are getting things done. But I am learning as I am going. hay que trabajar no? y trabajamos a ful!!!

there isnt really that much to tell from this past week. sorry this is so short. this week was just a lot of changes and getting back into the swing of a new change. 

My spiritual though this last week comes from my mom. I am so grateful for her and for all she does for me. She always sends me such great spiritual thoughts and I would like to share this one. 

"I am sure that when our life here is over we will be able to see just how short it is in comparison to the eternity.  I also believe that when we realize this we will have a perspective of just what was important in this life and those things that are important are the things of a spiritual nature that affect our growth of our testimony and our spiritual development. My spiritual thought for the week comes from the conference talk of Elder Christofferson on living a consecrated life.  He mentions that the Lord gives us two gifts 1) the gift of time and 2) the gift of freedom to choose what we do with our time.  Every day, every hour, every minute of your span of mortal years must sometime be accounted for.  In this life we walk by faith and prove ourselves able to choose good over evil and our eternal reward will be according to our choosing.  There are basically 5 elements of a consecrated life:  purity, work, respect for one's physical body, service, and integrity.  I love the scriptures of Moroni 7:48 and 1 John 3:2  that are used in this talk - may we consecrate ourselves as sons and daughters of God that when we shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.  I shared this talk and this message with our family at family home evening this past week and challenged each of us to work on one aspect of a consecrated life with consistency and notice the change in our spirits as we do so."

I know that this is true. I would like to extend the same invitation to all who read this. Find and work on one aspect of a consecrated life with consistency and see the blessings. I know that as you do this, you will be blessed. You will see the difference. You will feel it. It’s the little things. I know this because I has passed in my own life. The gospel helps us become the people that Our Heavenly Father wants us to be. 

I love you all so much. The church is true! Keep the faith and a smile on your face. 

Try a little harder to be a little bit better. 

Con cariƱo, 
Elder Staffieri





No comments:

Post a Comment