Monday, April 7, 2014

CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME!!! I wish I could have time to write up all my notes but I am sure you all have your own. But i cant believe that conference already came and went. Some of my favorite talks were by Richard G. Scott, David A. Bednar, M. Russell Ballard, and of course, President Monson. I cannot wait to continue studying the conference addresses and sharing them with everyone here in Artigas! Who is pumped to start studying preach my gospel?? I know all of you are! WHOOP WHOOP!!! Let’s roll up our sleeves and get to the work of salvation!

This week was great apart from the conference as well! We had some really interesting charlas this past week, from the really spiritual to a youth that was in tears in fear of going to war with Korea...for no apparent reason...pobrecito. 

This past week we also had interviews! Interviews are a great chance to learn directly from president. We talked about focusing on teaching real doctrine. We read a lot in 2 nefi 31 as well as 3 nefi. We studied a lot together about what it means to really follow Christ. We also talked a lot about how to give feedback to our companions, leaders, districts, other missionaries, etc. Elder Owen and I taught in front of the zone and got a lot of really good feedback on how we can teach better. We had to leave in the middle of interviews after a call from one of the members to go give a blessing and president let us take his car ;) blessings of working in the office and getting a guayan license I guess. The blessing went extremely well for how serious the situation was. The zone leaders and assistants went with us. After, we went out to grab some lunch and then went back to finish the capacitation. Interviews were great! 

This week we also went to the extreme limits of our area, well our area doesn’t really have a southern limit so we have a giant area to work out in the campo. A member fixed up some bikes and let us take them out. We have never had so much fun in a long time. Also, I cannot remember sweating so much in my mission. But her son was showing us ex investigators and menos activos that live way out there. It was really good. We found some new people to teach and had some great lessons. We are going to have to start going out there more to teach them more consistently but it is worth it. 

I WENT TO THE DENTIST!!! I had a tooth that was bothering me so I talked to my stake president and he set me up with an appointment for this morning. We showed up and it was a small office behind her house. I was a little scared everything went good. She was a super nice lady and did a great job. We might be going back to teach her. 

So that would have been it for this week if I would have written about an hour ago...but there is more! so in the middle of catching up in my journal and writing some letters while elder Owen was taking a nap, we get a phone call from president. He told us that there were some problems in other parts of the mission and that Elder Owen would be leaving tonight or tomorrow morning. He is going down to Montevideo to go work in Oeste 10. I am going to be staying up here with Elder Vargas, who will be coming in from Rivera, for 4 more weeks and then next change, I am going to train. BBOOOOOMMMMM! haha what seemed to be a tranquilo day just turned into a lot of last minute running around. But its awesome. I am bummed that we aren’t going to have another change together and work here but I am stoked for Elder Owen. He is going up to senior comp in an area that is having a lot of success. He is going to tear it up. And I was in the ccm with Elder Vargas if I remember correctly. So it will be a blast working with him again. And now our house is: Un español, Un peruano, Un Chileno, y Un californiano. jaja. Its going to be a blast. All spanish from now on out. Got to love it! I am excited for this though. It’s going to be a fun challenge to get to learn from and teach with Elder Vargas and get to work here in Artigas for 2 changes more after this change. It’s the mission! Got to love it! 

Life doesn’t get any better than when you are in the service of the Lord. I am so grateful for this chance that i have to serve the Lord in Uruguay for these short two years. I have learned so much and hope to have helped at least some of Gods children. Everyone should go on a mission. 

Well I am out of time for this week. We have to go run some errands but I love all of you so much! Thank you so much for all the support that you always so willingly give. Get out there and share your testimony!

Try a little bit harder to be a little bit better! 

Con cariño, 
Elder Staffieri

P.S. Don’t forget to study your Preach My Gospel ;) 





No comments:

Post a Comment