Saturday, May 24, 2014

This week has been so awesome!!! Its starting to get colder in Artigas and it is well received for now. Its basically been perfect, about in the high 60´s low 70`s with a brisk breeze during the day and in the mornings and at night it gets pretty cold. But we are just getting a little taste of what is to come in the next few months. I remember last year I felt like I was going to die because it got so cold. I never expected to be freezing in South America but it gets down there.

So this week was a really spiritually uplifting week. To start it off we he had a great zone capacitation with the zone leaders and a few of the hermana trainer leaders. They talked about the importance of being obedient and how we can show more love for those who we are teaching. We had some great practices and leaned a ton. 

Then on Thursday, we woke up at 3 am to get on a bus to go to Tacuarembó to have a zone conference with 5 zones (salto, tacuarembo, artigas, rivera, paysandu) and elder and hermana zeballos. It was soo awesome!  They taught a lot about the importance of having the spirit with you as missionaries and as members of the church. They also talked about what someone needs to feel to be able to gain a testimony. Then pte smith and hermana smith talked a lot about prayer and how we can improve our personal prayers. It was something I really needed. I have been feeling lately that my prayers haven’t been as meaningful or powerful. I don’t really know how to explain it. Like I haven’t been feeling the spirit much in my prayers. But they talked about what it means to pray with faith and they shared a few scriptures and we meditated in what we could learn from them. I wish I had my notebook with me to share more about what really struck me. But it always seems like I forget it when I really need it haha. 

Then Saturday night, the bishop’s son got baptized. It was a really spiritual baptism and everyone loved it. There were a great number of family members there. I was asked to speak on baptism and it went pretty well I think.

Our area is going really good. Our investigators are so awesome. We have been seeing the hand of the Lord everyday. Tamara and Taliha are going to get baptized this Saturday and we are so happy for them. 

Well hey! That’s all the time I have for this week! But I love you all! 

Try a little bit harder to be a little bit better! 

Con cariño, 
Elder Staffieri



No comments:

Post a Comment