Tuesday, July 30, 2013

This past week has been so awesome!!! 

But first off, HAPPY 25th ANNIVERSARY TO MY MOM AND DAD!!! You guys are so awesome and I have been so blessed to have such great examples in my life. I love you so much and hope you had an amazing time in San Francisco. 

AND CONGRATS TO ADDIBABY PULSIPHER!!! aaahhh I am so pumped that you got your mission call to the best mission in the world!! You are so blessed and I am so stoked that you are coming over here to the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission!!! aaahhhh stoked out of my mind. Start preparing now because we are going to do work when we are comps!! I love you brotha! Can’t wait to see you out here. 

This week has been a normal week in terms of events. We didn’t have any ward activities or anything like that so it was work as usual.  

So this week has been awesome. We have been working a lot with the members these past two weeks to try to gain their trust so we can work better with them. It has been going really well and we working nonstop lately. IT IS THE BEST EVER!!! There is no better feeling than coming home at the end of the day and knowing that you did all you could. We found 12 new people to teach this week just through contacting and two of them are potential priesthood holders. We are teaching more than I have ever taught before right now and we find more people to teach every day! 

This week for service we did more pruning of trees but this time in the house of Silvia. She had this tree that was growing through and over power lines so that was a little interesting hah. The guy that came with the chainsaw didn’t really care to much that there were power lines there and I will just leave it at that. But it went really well and no one got hurt so that is always a plus.

During soccer this Friday with the youth I pulled off a bicycle kick for the first time in my life. Or I think that’s what we call it in English? No se. it was legit though because every morning for part of our exercises Elder Calderón and I play soccer for a little bit and he has been helping me learn some new soccer skills. It’s been so legit. Me and Elder Calderóm are best buds. We talk nonstop all day so that has been helping me with my Spanish a ton. Spanish is coming along great and his English is getting better. It helps so much to learn a language when you are teaching someone of that language your own. I don’t know if that made sense but I hope so. I have finally put away my English scriptures and have been studying in Spanish in everything now. If I don’t understand how something is developing I will go back to English to review but now it’s just all Spanish. It’s been so awesome!!! 

This month that is coming we have two potential baptisms set up. We gave Carolina Garcia baptismal date for the 17th of August and are hoping her older sister Tamara will follow in the following week. Work has been going really good and we are looking to challenge others to baptism this coming week too!!! 

My spiritual thought this week comes from Mosiah. It is one of my favorite scriptures that I use all the time in lessons. Here King Benjamin is addressing his people and this is the last verse in the chapter.  It is found in Mosiah, chapter 2, verse 41.  Se dice: 

 41  Y además, quisiera que consideraseis el bendito y afeliz estado de aquellos que guardan los mandamientos de Dios. Porque he aquí, ellos son bbendecidos en todas las cosas, tanto temporales como espirituales; y si continúan cfieles hasta el fin, son recibidos en el dcielo, para que así moren con Dios en un estado de interminable felicidad. ¡Oh recordad, recordad que estas cosas son verdaderas!, porque el Señor Dios lo ha declarado (And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are bblessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received into dheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it)


I love this scripture so much because it is so simple. He explains the blessed and happy state of those who keep the commandments of the Lord and goes on to say that they will be blessed in all things, spiritual and temporal. I use this one a lot because people often view the commandments that God has given us as restrictions, pointless rules, or this that limit their happiness. They are those who look in happiness only for the moment. They are looking for momentary joy. When we read this to them we explain that it is actually the keeping of commandments that makes us happy. When we do those things that are pleasing unto the lord, we are going to have His Spirit to be with us in all things. He will give us the blessings that he has prepared for us. These commandments help us to be free and to feel the love of our Heavenly Father more in our life. The commandments are such a blessing to those who keep them. I testify that the only way to achieve peace in this life and lasting happiness is through the commandments of God. This is the only way. I have seen the difference it has made in my own life and in so many of the lives of the people we have taught and are currently teaching. 

Keep the commandments. Endure to the end. Receive the blessings. Be happy. 

It is so simple.

I know that this church is true. I know that we have a Heavenly Father that knows each and every one of us and loves us more than we can even imagine. We are all sons and daughters of our Eternal Father. Have faith in his plan. Seguir  adelante! 

I love you all so much. I can feel your prayers. Thank you for taking the time to write me! I have never been so happy in my life. The mission is so awesome. 

Let’s all try a little bit harder to be a little bit better this week! 

Have a great week, 
Elder Staffieri
PICTURES BELOW






No comments:

Post a Comment