Sunday, August 10, 2014

July 29, 2014

Family and friends! Sorry this email is going to be really short and quick. I have 20 min to get in and out and I still have to write president. So sorry! But I will write more next week I promise! 

This past week has been sooo amazing. Aaahh. It was so great. I wish I had time to write about everything that has happened but no da para hacerlo. asi que vamos a hacerlo rápido! I am just going to talk about the big things that happened this week! 

On Thursday, we were with a family where I gained my testimony that the Lord puts the right words in your mouth in the right time. aahh. It’s crazy how one phrase can change a lesson! 

On Friday, we went out working with president smith! He was up in Artigas for the ensayo for the charla foganera and went out with us on Friday night! And it was sooo amazing! We learned so much and saw some miracles. In the lesson with Jose y Mariana we finally got them to commit to get married and president was like, "okay, tomorrow we are going to come by at 10 and we are going to go take out your wedding date!" haha. They had been really hesitant to get married because they didn’t have money for a big party after but after they understood the doctrine, they realized that it was more important to get right with God than wait for a big party. So the next morning, president lent us his car and we went and picked them up and took out fecha! We were their four witnesses! THEY WILL GET MARRIED ON THE 12TH OF SEPTEMBER!!! AAAHHHHHH!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT??!!! They were so dang happy leaving the court house place. aaahh! One of the happiest days I have had here in Artigas! 

Saturday, we had the charla foganera here in Artigas with our choir of missionaries and testimonies of all the recent converts and then president smith and pte bueno spoke. fffaaaaa!! The spirit was sooo strong. Everyone loved it. Then right after we left for salto to go do it again on Sunday. I went and slept in my old house and went to church there. I was comps with Elder El-Bakri just like the good old ccm days!! aaahhh we had such a blast. And it was great to go to church and visit all the people I was teaching before I left salto! We ate lunch with Silvia and had some great visits with members, etc. then we had the charla foganera there! And again! The spirit was so strong. I felt really blessed to be able to do it in artigas and salto, two of the zones in the mission that I love most. It was really special. 

On Saturday, pte gave us all our changes and I am leaving Artigas. To be honest, it is going to be really hard to leave. I leave here in 4 hours. Yesterday I was making a lot of visits and aah it was so hard. In my past 6 months here I have grown to love everyone come si fuera mi familia. I felt like an hermana yesterday when I got emotional in a lesson haha. but ya fue. I am going to miss this place so much but I am so excited to be going to PAYSANDÙ!! And to be honest a little bit nervous. pte smith told me that I will be going as zone leader. It was very humbling for me and it will be a new challenge this mission. But my comp is such a stud. His name is elder Marin. I worked with him in oeste. He is such a great missionary and I am looking forward to learning from him and for the opportunity we have to serve all the missionaries in Paysandu. It’s going to be great! 

I am a little bummed too to be leaving mi hijo, elder Vasquez. But I am so proud of him. In these past 3 months of his training, he has totally changed. He is a completely different missionary now than what he was when he came in. elder trucolo is coming in my lugar. He is a stud and is going to help out barrio 4 a ton! 

Sorry that this was kind of rushed and thrown together. But I have got to go and finish packing, make a visit or two and get on my bus! I love you all so much! Next week I’ll send some pictures and stuff! 

Let’s all try a little bit harder to be a little bit better. 

I love you all!

Un abrazo grande, 

Elder Staffieri

No comments:

Post a Comment