Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 04, 2014

This is going to be a short one! The cyber we are in is not really funcionando. I have tried to send emails over and over again and they just won’t send so I have to start over and now I only have about 10 minutes. Sorry if this wont be as detailed as you’d like but at least its something right? Ha-ha

Well changes!! Crazy as usual! Went to the bus station and my ticket wasn’t there and the tickets of the other missionaries tampoco. So we went over to the zone leader house and decided to rent a bus to go down to Montevideo because that was where everyone was going. When the "bus" showed up, it turned out to be a van. Ha-ha. We decided to put the missionaries that needed to go down si o si that night in the van and bought bus tickets for the other elders the next day. The first time doing changes by myself in the mission because no other missionaries were going to where i was going. haha. But everything went awesome. I ended up leaving Wednesday morning at 6 am to salto, bought another ticket going from salto to paysandu. Got into paysandu at about 1 in the afternoon, dropped my bags in the church, went to lunch, and then headed back to the terminal to greet and send off missionaries the rest of the night. A ton of missionaries pass through paysandu on their way to other zones. So it was cool. We got to see a lot of our friends in the mission. 

So our house is basically a mansion!!! It is the entire floor of an apartment building on the main street of paysandu! Its ssoo legit! We live as 6. I am the only english speaker in the house. The rest are latinos and one brasilero. It’s a pretty fun house. And the best part! 3 bathrooms! Whoop whoop! 

The zone is awesome. I am here with 4 missionaries from my group: Elder Hansen, Hermana Simpson, Elder Gamarra, y Elder Mendoza. It’s such a blast. 

Working this past week was a blast! I am getting to know the area and all the members and investigators here so my head kind of spins at times ha-ha. But it’s all part of the fun. 

Elder Marin and I go to the bishop’s council meeting with the president of the stake and the bishops. We had an awesome meeting last Friday and we talked about all the wards and the missionaries and how we can help the wards to grow. Then yesterday night we had a meeting with all the missionaries in the zone and pte damiano and his councilors. It went great! Everyone is pumped and we have the support of the whole stake presidency, the bishops, and a ton of the members.

Okay sorry! I have to go! Time is up! I love you all! Thanks for everything you do to support me out here and the missionaries in your wards and stakes. 

Get out there and share your testimony!

Lets all try a little bit harder to be a little bit better! 

UN abrazo grande, 

Elder Staffieri 

No comments:

Post a Comment